Herbed Boneless Lamb Roast
This delicious lamb roast is smothered in a herby Dijon marinade, for a juicy, flavoursome result.
- 1 x Boneless Leg of Lamb Roast
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place a baking rack inside a roasting tray, lined with foil.
- Untie and unroll the roast and turn upside down.
- Whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, mixed herbs, rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper together in a bowl, until well combined into a paste.
- Spread 1/3 of herb paste all over the underside of the roast. Roll the roast back up into its original shape and snugly tie in the center and at both ends with the lengths of cooking twine. Rub the outside all over with the remaining herb paste.
- Place the roast, seam side down, onto the baking rack in the baking tray and let stand at room temperature while oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Roast lamb in hot oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 180C and cook for 1 - 1 ¼ hours. Transfer roast to cutting board; let stand 15-30 minutes before slicing.
- Snip twine with kitchen scissors, remove and discard. Slice roast and serve.