Thick Pork Sausages with Cider Sauce
Juicy premium pork sausages pair beautifully with this creamy apple cider sauce. Best served on a bed of mashed potatoes!
- Dash of olive oil
- 400-500g Ziggys Thick Pork Sausages
- 1 onion, halved and then thinly sliced
- 2 apples, cut into finger-width wedges
- 200ml Tassie cider
- 2 tbsp créme fraîche
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Generous handful of Continental parsley, finely chopped
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the sausages for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through, turning regularly.
- Remove the cooked sausages from the pan and set aside, then add the onions into the pan and fry for 5 minutes until becoming translucent.
- Add the sausages back into the pan and add the apple.
- Pour in the cider and simmer until liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in the mustard and créme fraîche and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve the sausages and sauce on a bed of mashed potato. Sprinkle with parsley.